Interested in a new job — contact me if you know of anything.
Custom bus map
- Vulgar Tongue Twitter — auto-posting (mildly-NSFW) entries from the 1812 classic “Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue”. I'm not the first person to have this idea, but setting up a Twitter application was interesting.
- Proustr — Twitter account which tweeted the whole of “À La Recherche Du Temps Perdu”.
- Earwickr — Twitter account which tweets “Finnegans Wake” in a loop forever.
- Reddit Messages Web App — a personal application which lets me get my person messages from Reddit without needing to log in to Reddit.
- Posted to Reddit or not? — A Chrome Extension which lets you check whether the current URL has been posted to Reddit yet, plus some statistics.
- replay — A visualisation of any given Reddit thread growing and branching over time, using Vis.js.
- subredditBookmarks — A Chrome Extension which lets you use Reddit as a bookmarking system.
- Reddit: Get Saved — bookmarklet for extracting all the Reddit URLs you have saved into a neat list.
- Reddit: Images Only — bookmarklet for reducing Reddit pages to just linked images.
- Marvellous Memory Maths — a game to teach children maths using a turn-over-the-cards system. I didn't invent the game, my son did, I just programmed it.
- Movie Keyword Game — guess the movie from its metadata. I'll admit that it's flawed, but there was some interesting work on data to build it.
- Rebootr — a site which generates random ideas for Hollywood movie remakes … just like Hollywood does.
- r/SMH — generates surreal dreamlike 'stories' by Markov Chaining a long list of stories from the Sydney Morning Herald submitted to the Sydney Reddit
- Kryptonite: a longitudinal study — You may think you know all about Kryptonite, but you're probably wrong.
Weird HTML tricks:
- This is not an image. — Not some theoretical Surrealist art meme, it's really not an image.
- Dot Matrix — Your developer was so preoccupied with whether or not he could, he didn't stop to think if he should.
© John Horner